One Big Reason You May Want to Remodel Your Bathroom
Why bother remodeling your bathroom? Well, consider how much time you actually spend there.
- Over a lifetime, women spend 14,000 hours (that’s one and a half years!) in the bathroom brushing, washing, blow-drying, straightening, and curling their hair.
- A Reader’s Digest survey showed that men spend 3000 hours (about four months of their lives) shaving.
Since you’re going to spend time there why not make it a place you enjoy?
3 Reasons a Walk-In Shower May Make Sense
If it’s time to remodel your master bathroom you may want to consider installing a walk-in shower instead of a conventional shower with a base. Here are three reasons that may make sense:
1. You Can Save Space
If you’re remodeling a somewhat smaller bathroom you may not have the option of extending the size of the room. A walk-in shower can save space. If you install a walk-in shower with a “wet-room-style” floor you have more flexibility because you’re not constrained by the size of the base. Plus, a walk-in shower can create the visual impression of more space. That can make the room feel bigger and brighter.
2. Ease of Use Now and Down the Road
Walk-ins are easy to use. There’s no lip to step over – or trip on. That’s a big plus for those who plan to age gracefully in their own home.
3. Easy Maintenance
It’s easy to keep a walk-in shower sparkling clean. You won’t have to scrub soap scum off of door handles or hinges. And since most glass panels come with easy-to-clean tempered glass, they’re easy to spray down. The tiled shower floor can be cleaned the same way you clean the rest of your bathroom floor.
4. BONUS BENEFIT: Step in showers just look great and add a sense of flair!
4-Ways to Add More Light to Your Bathroom
Getting enough natural light into your bathroom can be a challenge. Here are four ways you can solve that problem:
1. Install a larger window with frosted/pebbled glass
2. Put in a wide, but short window high on the wall to let in light but preserve privacy
3. Use glass blocks to allow natural light in and keep things private
4. Add a skylight (either full or cylinder) to let in lots of light from above
Reach out anytime! We’re here to help you with your remodeling needs. Hope you’re having a great week!