How It Works
Nate’s Custom Renovations’ Remodeling Process
DREAMING & PLANNING
At our first meeting, we will:
- Listen to what you like and don’t like about your current home; your goals, needs, and desires.
- Discuss how our “9-Point Promise” helps to make your Lincoln home remodeling project a simple and enjoyable experience.
- Discuss your desired budget and investment comfort zone.
- Review and execute Design Agreement. Note: Not all projects require Design Agreement.
(Required fee for Design Agreement is 2% of the low end of the estimated budget, or minimum of $500.)
Once the Design Agreement (if applicable) has been executed, our second meeting will include:
- Project design and construction planning questionnaire.
- Complete a field sketch and gather more detailed measurements; take photographs.
- Schedule a time to meet and review Phase 1 design concepts.
REVIEW YOUR DESIGNS
At our third meeting, we will:
- Review the floor plans, 3D perspectives we have created for you; make corrections/revisions.
- Schedule a meeting to review revised design, if necessary (up to 3 major revisions are included in the cost).
REVIEW YOUR PROJECT PROPOSAL
Once the design is finalized, at our next meeting, we will:
- Review the detailed proposal we’ve created especially for you, based on your design and construction budget level
- Execute Letter of Intent, which holds your place in our schedule (10% fee required upon signing)
- Prepare a shopping list for you of all items that need to be selected.
- You visit our trusted suppliers, and pick the materials you like.
- We can also introduce you to our Interior Design Partner, if you need help coordinating your selections.
FINALIZING YOUR PLANS
Once your Lincoln home remodeling project’s shopping is completed, at our final design meeting we will:
- Review the final specifications, materials selected, pricing and preliminary schedule.
- Review the final production floor plans and any other necessary views.
- Execute the construction agreement, which allows us to start the next phase of your project.
Before we start actual construction, we will:
- Apply for necessary permits.
- Release all purchase orders to vendors.
- Prepare the construction packet for your Project Leader.
- Schedule the pre-construction team conference, if necessary.
PRE-CONSTRUCTION TEAM CONFERENCE
At this meeting, we will:
- Introduce you to your Project Leader and review the project on-site.
- Ask a series of questions regarding general ‘housekeeping’ issues to ensure your safety and security.
- Answer any questions you may have before we begin.
During your Lincoln home remodeling project’s construction, we will:
- Update you on changes to the schedule.
- Update you on work that is being performed.
- Meet with you to address any concerns and questions that may arise during construction.
- Update you on any changes that may require cost increases or credits due to changes in scope of work.
(Note: We will not make any major scope changes until you have approved and signed a written Change Order)
After construction work is completed, we will:
- Deliver your 3-YEAR warranty and information packet.
- Walk you through the operation of your new fixtures or appliances
- Contact you every 6 months of the warranty period to see how you are enjoying the work we performed for you and see if there is anything we need to adjust or repair.
Our goal is to make this process an enjoyable, stress-free experience for you. We want you to love the enhancements to your home – and share your experience with others who would benefit from our services.